Review: Tender Wings of Desire

Tender Wings of Desire - Colonel Sanders

When Lady Madeline Parker runs away from Parker Manor and a loveless betrothal, she finally feels like she is in control of her life. But what happens when she realizes she can't control how she feels? When she finds herself swept into the arms of Harland, a handsome sailor with a mysterious past, Madeline realizes she must choose between a life of order and a man of passion. Can love overcome lies? What happens in the embrace of destiny, on the Tender Wings of Desire?

I came for an absurd love story that had something to do with that obnoxious cover, but what I got a decently written novella where I was forced to read lines talking about how sexy the Colonel was.

Quite frankly, this is the best thing I've read in a long while. It's cliched, and the synopsis makes it sound way more dramatic than it actually is, but I wasn't expecting a masterpiece. A good chunk of the "conflict" in the romance comes literally at the end of the novella, so it's not something that's really built up over the course of the story.

Good job, KFC, you made me read a romance novel for the first time since my freshman year of high school.