Review: Sneaky Snow White

Sneaky Snow White (Dark Fairy Tale Queen Series Book 2) - Anita Valle

Cinderella killed my father.

She thinks she can do anything because she’s the Evil Queen. And my stepmother. The only thing she truly loves is her Demon Mirror. But the more she gazes into that thing, the crazier she becomes.

But I am no longer a child. I won’t allow the Evil Queen to poison my heart and my home. Although my skin is white as snow, my soul is far from pure. I will make Cinderella suffer for her sins.

Sure as my name is Snow White.

Sneaky Snow White was just as underwhelming as Sinful Cinderella. Once again, it's a great concept, but the execution could have been better. Snow White is presented as the daughter of the prince Cinderella marries in the prequel. In fact, we're introduced to her during the ball where she acts like a little brat. Bratty is the best way to describe this girl, honestly.

In the story, Cinderella has taken the title of Evil Queen and is obsessed with a magic mirror in her room. The Prince/King is dead, and Snow White blames Cinderella. She wants to kill Cinderella, but she's currently pregnant with her siblings, so she has to wait. Snow is dating a young hunter by the name of Hunter (so original), whom she loves and wants to run away with, but doesn't because she wants to steal the baby from Cinderella once it's born.

The story, or rather, Snow White likes to think of herself as sneaky, which is repeated in several chapters like a whisper to herself, but she's not. She's just as manipulative and vengeful as her stepmother.

My four biggest complaints with this story can also be found in its prequel. It's too short, with it claiming to be about 150 pages, but Amazon claims its barely over 100 pages. It's extremely rushed and feels like it could have been dragged out a little more. Way too much expositions. Like please, no more plot dumping. Just, please. Finally, it's like 30 chapters, but several of those chapters are like a page? Like, excuse me, that's a scene, not a chapter. Madam, how dare?

Really, this series has so much potential. I enjoy how Valle is merging these fairy tales together, and also how she's making beloved heroines into the evil queens of other beloved heroines. It's a nice little twist. If she could just take her time and now rush the plot, that would be fantastic.

And please, no more plot dumps.

Sidenote: I read the free version of this book on Wattpad.